The Future of eCommerce is Mobile
According to a recent study by Google,
67% of users are more likely to buy from a mobile-friendly site.
You may have heard recently about “mobilegeddon”. Google recently took the mobile friendliness of your site into account as a ranking factor for your website. Sites that are not mobile friendly will now be penalized as a ranking factor.
Consumers Want Mobile Friendly Sites
In addition to 67% of users being more likely to buy, consumers showed a real preference for engaging with sites that are mobile friendly.
• 67% of users more likely to buy from a mobile site
• 61% would move to another site if it wasn’t mobile friendly
• 52% said that a bad experience on mobile would make them less likely to engage with the company.
• 74% say they are more likely to return to a mobile friendly site.
State of the Industry?
The industry in general is slow to respond. Only 9% of ecommerce sites are mobile responsive.
Based on the fact that few online retailers and ecommerce sites are currently mobile responsive and the strong preference consumers have for mobile friendly sites, you can gain a real competitive advantage on your competition by being first to mobile responsiveness in your market.
What is Mobile Responsiveness?
Mobile responsiveness is made up of many factors, primarily how user friendly your site is when viewed on small screen sizes like mobile and tablet. Your site may look great on your 24” monitor on your desktop but terrible on a smaller screen. Some key factors for a mobile site are:
- Fast loading times. A mobile browser doesn’t have the speed of your desktop, so load times should be optimized.
- Mobile Friendly Layout. Your visitor should not have to zoom and scroll. This annoys visitors. Your sit should “morph” into a new configuration that fits easily on screen.
- Take advantage of mobile technology. Users should be able to use touch and swipe in order to navigate your site. If not, your user experience will suffer.
Don’t Forget about Fulfillment
Having a great site is just half the battle. Customers expect to be serviced promptly, accurately and cost effectively. Fulfillment of orders is key in the ongoing success of your ecommerce business. Here at Dare Marketing, we know ecommerce and we know fulfillment. For a free consultation about how you could improve the speed, accuracy or cost effectiveness of your ecommerce fulfillment system, please contact us.